Tango Fit & Practica
Improve your technique by targeting, developing and strengthening the specific muscles and movements used in dancing. Meant for all levels, we will start with a light warmup, proceed with functional training, and finish with relaxing stretching.
Time & Location
15 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm AEST
West Village, 45 Mollison St, West End QLD 4101, Australia
About the Event
All info on https://www.moonlighttango.org/tangofit
The workshops will be easy to follow for any fitness level and will provide you with plenty of exercises to practice at home as we will not sure any weights or equipment but simply body conditioning. The fitness session will invigorate you and fill you with energy for the following practica where you can experience the change in your dancing (3 hours of tango music).
- WEEK 1 (Feb 15): Dynamic Stretching before dancing, Fundamental movements
- WEEK 2 (Feb 22): Functional training for legs and glutes to improve strength and endurance, without increased muscle size
- WEEK 3 (Feb 29): Balance and Core Strength, stabilizing the mid-section to allow smooth and effective transfer of force through the body
- WEEK 4 (Mar 7): Flexibility exercises to improve range of motion, reducing the risk of injuries and enabling you to perform demanding movements
- WEEK 5 (Mar 14): Agility training to allow you to move quickly and easily
An effective strength and conditioning program will make you feel stronger and more confident as you go through your dance routine. Whether you are a new or experienced dancer, incorporating strength and conditioning principles in your weekly training can considerably impact how you move and perform, but more importantly, it can help you with longevity and let you do what you love for longer.